Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The ICE AGE will continue with Ford šŸ˜Ž but for Dodge Electric it isšŸ„ø

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Ford is not going to stop the Ice Age production statesidešŸ˜Ž

Ford CEO Jim Farley Confirms ICE Future for the Bronco and Mustang
As youā€™re well aware, Ford of Europe will switch to a fully-electric lineup in 2030. The Blue Oval isnā€™t willing to make this bet in the United States, though. Whatā€™s more, the automakerā€™s ICE business will be increasingly focused around iconic products such as the Bronco and Mustang lines.
Speaking to Automotive News, chief financial officer John Lawler made it crystal clear that ā€œwe continue to see a lot of opportunity in the internal combustion engine business.ā€ Lawler even described it as a ā€œstrategic advantageā€ as automakers large and small pour billions into EV R&D.

The enthusiasts in question should get over it as quickly as possible because Stellantis is currently developing an electric muscle car that can smoke all four tires into submission. A concept of the upcoming model is expected to be presented later this year while the production version is due in 2024.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Guess weā€™ll see. IMO all the car companies will be forced to abandon ICE for electric at some point due to government regulations.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Good thread to bash Stellantis. Thanks Cc.

Letā€™s see it. Can only wait so long Stellantis, Chevrolet is offering a great car with multiple colors, wheel choices, different interiors etc. AND A ICE WITHOUT FORCED INDICTION!!
Plus it will chew the competition up, even if they pay multi-Xā€™s the price for competition European models.

You Stellantis? Funnel your best customers into one model, and rip them with some allocation trick? IE. Jailbreak for over $105k MSRP on what I paid over $20k less for in 2019, and restrict ALL options on other WBRE Challengers. Iā€™ll keep what I have. Maybe. It better not break again, because a third major failure will be itā€™s last in my hands.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
The government is not mandating these changes (or decisions about Jailbreak etc...). That is pure corporate decision making driven by customer demand (the market place is shifting, whether we like it or not). Is government helping this along, yes; but it is a sign of shifting political and economic priorities. Very rarely can regulation effectively mandate fundamental changes - it can help promote, but not drive. During madcow, there was a strong urge for governmental regulation to make sure the meat was handled in the safest way possible to prevent the spread of the disease. The meat packing companies fought this tooth and nail for years and did not comply, saying it was inefficient, excessively costly, and would ruin the market. When McDonalds, which started freaking out about declining burger sales (which their research showed was being driven by the madcow issue), and said "if you want to sell to us you have to [harvest and process as the regulations require]" the packing companies complied within weeks (and did not go out of business). Same thing with some ridiculous allegations that the government somehow promoted or mandated companies to shift production overseas. Never happened - I was on the inside of decision making like this in the tech sector and government played zero role. This was all maximization of profit at the acceptance of inferior quality. Now, the companies lobbied for law changes that made it easier for them to do this, but those law changes had nothing to do with whether or not it was going to happen. For some short term gain to the rich (the prices consumers paid did not decline - but profit more than doubled) we've helped build China into the most powerful and worst enemy we have ever faced.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Ford is not going to stop the Ice Age production statesidešŸ˜Ž

Ford CEO Jim Farley Confirms ICE Future for the Bronco and Mustang
As youā€™re well aware, Ford of Europe will switch to a fully-electric lineup in 2030. The Blue Oval isnā€™t willing to make this bet in the United States, though. Whatā€™s more, the automakerā€™s ICE business will be increasingly focused around iconic products such as the Bronco and Mustang lines.
Speaking to Automotive News, chief financial officer John Lawler made it crystal clear that ā€œwe continue to see a lot of opportunity in the internal combustion engine business.ā€ Lawler even described it as a ā€œstrategic advantageā€ as automakers large and small pour billions into EV R&D.

The enthusiasts in question should get over it as quickly as possible because Stellantis is currently developing an electric muscle car that can smoke all four tires into submission. A concept of the upcoming model is expected to be presented later this year while the production version is due in 2024.
Still not buying a Fordā€¦[nutkick]

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Well, all I know is due to government regulations the Hellcats as we know them wonā€™t be produced in a few years. All the government has to do is keep enacting laws that make it very costly and/or prohibitive for companies and consumers to continue with ICE. Gas taxes pushing cost to $15 a gallon, MPG standards 50 MPG etc. That doesnā€™t outlaw ICE but makes it very difficult to continue down that road.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The government is not mandating these changes (or decisions about Jailbreak etc...). That is pure corporate decision making driven by customer demand (the market place is shifting, whether we like it or not). Is government helping this along, yes; but it is a sign of shifting political and economic priorities. Very rarely can regulation effectively mandate fundamental changes - it can help promote, but not drive. During madcow, there was a strong urge for governmental regulation to make sure the meat was handled in the safest way possible to prevent the spread of the disease. The meat packing companies fought this tooth and nail for years and did not comply, saying it was inefficient, excessively costly, and would ruin the market. When McDonalds, which started freaking out about declining burger sales (which their research showed was being driven by the madcow issue), and said "if you want to sell to us you have to [harvest and process as the regulations require]" the packing companies complied within weeks (and did not go out of business). Same thing with some ridiculous allegations that the government somehow promoted or mandated companies to shift production overseas. Never happened - I was on the inside of decision making like this in the tech sector and government played zero role. This was all maximization of profit at the acceptance of inferior quality. Now, the companies lobbied for law changes that made it easier for them to do this, but those law changes had nothing to do with whether or not it was going to happen. For some short term gain to the rich (the prices consumers paid did not decline - but profit more than doubled) we've helped build China into the most powerful and worst enemy we have ever faced.
Really? Counselor, letā€™s set aside ā€œmad cow, it is not relevant to this discussion on Dodge. Neither is China. The problem is petroleum my friend. Certain new leaders have made decisions that have made the prices at the pump nearly double since 2020. Go look? You sold a gas drinking Hellcat yourself.

Customer demand makes Dodge restrict REWB options and only has them offered on what they say is a run of 3000 units (Jailbreak)? The only corporate decision I see there is cutting their throats. See my first post. Personally, for me and LOTS of others, I am ready for another automobile. I am going to buy another, but it sure wonā€™t be $100k+ for a Dodge that I cannot get what I want. Plus it studders between shifts and falls flat on its ass. I may keep what I have, but wonā€™t need another like it, and I sure will not spend an incremental additional $20k+, plus 6.5% sales tax in this damn State either to get another. Keep typing, Iā€™ll keep reading.

The only thing the ā€œgovernmentā€ is helping is for every oil producing country except the USA to make more money in oil NOW. For the USA, we have restricted drilling, cancelled pipelines and mandated items of our population that cause prices of energy AND EVERYTHING ELSE to rise. Think I am wrong, go compare any petroleum costs from November 10 2020 until now. Oh, darn, why did that happen? Remember, we were energy independent prior to the last election, prices were steady, employment was good, interest rates were low and stable. We held a deterrent force against bad moves by other world leaders. Where are we today? Can you just say FUCK.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
ā€œPlus it studders between shifts and falls flat on its ass.ā€
Mine never did that. It shifted and acted like a race car and was bone stock. There must be something wrong with yours?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Guess weā€™ll see. IMO all the car companies will be forced to abandon ICE for electric at some point due to government regulations.
We all must move on...now we know how those horse n buggy dudes felt...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
There's still a few of them out there in passable conditions... they're BARN FINDS

Last edited:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
As I've said before, I'll just keep what I have for as long as I can.
I just hope the power grid will remain sufficient enough to run the pumps at the gas stations !! :p

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
There's still a few of them out there in passable conditions... they're BARN FINDS
Awww Mag..ya melon head...those are AMISH..

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Awww Mag..ya melon head...those are AMISH..
said with all due respect,,and admiration of course..;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Really? Counselor, letā€™s set aside ā€œmad cow, it is not relevant to this discussion on Dodge. Neither is China. The problem is petroleum my friend. Certain new leaders have made decisions that have made the prices at the pump nearly double since 2020. Go look? You sold a gas drinking Hellcat yourself.

Customer demand makes Dodge restrict REWB options and only has them offered on what they say is a run of 3000 units (Jailbreak)? The only corporate decision I see there is cutting their throats. See my first post. Personally, for me and LOTS of others, I am ready for another automobile. I am going to buy another, but it sure wonā€™t be $100k+ for a Dodge that I cannot get what I want. Plus it studders between shifts and falls flat on its ass. I may keep what I have, but wonā€™t need another like it, and I sure will not spend an incremental additional $20k+, plus 6.5% sales tax in this damn State either to get another. Keep typing, Iā€™ll keep reading.

The only thing the ā€œgovernmentā€ is helping is for every oil producing country except the USA to make more money in oil NOW. For the USA, we have restricted drilling, cancelled pipelines and mandated items of our population that cause prices of energy AND EVERYTHING ELSE to rise. Think I am wrong, go compare any petroleum costs from November 10 2020 until now. Oh, darn, why did that happen? Remember, we were energy independent prior to the last election, prices were steady, employment was good, interest rates were low and stable. We held a deterrent force against bad moves by other world leaders. Where are we today? Can you just say FUCK.
Agreed...but I don't think we can say fuck..I think we have to say...****:unsure:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Screw it.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

ann margaret not coming.gif

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Agreed...but I don't think we can say fuck..I think we have to say...****:unsure:
Oh, sorry, I forgot. But, wait! That was before I was told we canā€™t say fuck? Would that be okay since the OP originally had positive Ford news he posted? We need exceptions here or Iā€™ll need to go type in private.[?|]

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
@1971demon I have not driven a Hellcat since early October, I have mental and emotional problems now. Plus, I can be offended easy when in this condition. I really need a couple of **** credits.

Or put on the crack pipe list.[clap]

THERE..now Iā€™ll watch[popcorn]

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
While this is logically true in the above case, and likely many others, I dont dispute the above, but I think it doesnt necessarily represent whats going on in with the auto industry and phasing out the ICE and the end of the HC. I agree the govt is not mandating these changes, BUT they are "nudging" society hard in that direction by creating regulations and rules that are economically forcing automakers onto this path. So while its not a mandate by law, what would you call it when there is no alternative? Its like the Covid Shot, of course the govt isnt forcing you to get it you silly person, but if you dont, you cant work at your agency, or in your career field anymore, and must get out of the military etc. What else would you call it when there is no choice or alternative? I also disagree this is being done because of "customer demand" There is a market for EVs which will grow as the tech improves, but there is also a big market for high horsepower, society at large is not crying for the change. The govt, big tech, the media are and make it seem that way. A small segment of society is EV friendly but I think if that were true on the whole, hellcats and other high HP/Low MPG cars would be lingering and discounted like a 70 Superbird on a lot in 1974.
The bullshit climate change agenda has demonized anything that uses fossil fuels as a source of energy (including energy production) as the cause of the imminent end of the world while glorifying the EV and green energy as our savior and completely ignoring ITS own destruction of the environment in its creation, cost, and inefficiency. The govt hands out $$$ to people to buy EVs so they are more price competitive. How many hundreds of millions of $$$ in carbon credits did FCA have to buy from Tesla to offset them not meeting MPG standards imposed by the govt because their lineup is hemi centric which sells? The govt actually Created that scheme. The current administrations actions have made it significantly MORE expensive to remain on that path and LESS profitable for Stellantis to keep the HC around. How many more millions of $$$ will Stelantis now pay under the new ratios? Stellantis is a Euro based company who is way more on the woke green agenda than we are so natrually the are going to want to end ICE and bring on EVs. I think FCA was more than willing to let Dodge do their thing because lets face it the HC et all are moneymakers, the carbon credit taxes were still sustainable and gas prices were low. All that has changed in one year, and the coming draconian penalties for not sacrificing correctly at the green alter will be such that CEOs and shareholders will not stand for losing that much $$$. So they and other MFRs are willing to force the change because they see that while the cars are moneymakers on one end, the govt forces them to give up most of those profits on the other. Beancounters and CEOs dont like that and are afraid that there will be a sea change to EV and they will be left out of the next big money grab. If Trump were elected and the rollback of a lot of this stuff didnt happpen, the HC might have soldiered on to 2028 with more HP and variations before eventually morphing to something more efficient. Change is inevitable but the speed at which that happens, whether naturally or forced is a different story.

Maybe Im mistaken, but I think the whole Jailbreak idea and no lift shift program was probably a lot better conceived under FCA, however executed under Stellantis, ended up getting neutered after launch once Stellantis realized what FCA was going to unleash previous to their takeover. Overall with removing nearly all options from ALL the lower hellcat trims making them completely unappealing, and forcing you to pay extra for the jailbreak and then limiting the # they can sell seems designed to limit HC sales while still making it look like you can have anything you want. (oh wait they arent limiting the number they will build, or that you can buy, they will just not give dealers allocations to order any, see no mandate) They save $$$$, and then When sales tank because you cant order one, or afford one, then they can justify to us that they had to cancel it because it wasnt selling and wasnt profitable. but here, heres an EV. Its lipstick on a pig.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
@1971demon I have not driven a Hellcat since early October, I have mental and emotional problems now. Plus, I can be offended easy when in this condition. I really need a couple of **** credits.

Or put on the crack pipe list.[clap]

THERE..now Iā€™ll watch[popcorn]
OH MY...o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O