Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Exits for the Ice Employees has begun at Stellantis

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Jeep-Owner Stellantis Offers Buyouts to U.S. Salaried Workers
The auto maker seeks to trim U.S. workforce, sharpen focus on zero-emissions vehicles
Stellantis STLA 0.15%increase; green up pointing triangle NV, the global parent of Jeep, Chrysler and other auto brands, said Friday it is offering voluntary buyouts to U.S. salaried employees as part of a restructuring to sharpen focus on new technologies and low-emissions vehicles.

The car company said it is offering the buyouts to certain white-collared employees this month with benefit packages that wouldn’t otherwise be available to them. The offers target employees with 30 years of experience and a pension, as well as those who are 55 years or older with 10 years of service, even if they aren’t eligible for a pension.

Stellantis declined to provide additional details, including how many of the 13,000 salaried employees in the U.S. are eligible for the buyout or whether it had a specific reduction target.
The auto maker said that the workforce buyouts were part of a continuing transformation as it shifts more resources into new software-driven technologies and expands its lineup of electric vehicles.
Stellantis, which was formed through the merger of France’s PSA Group and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV in 2021, has laid out ambitious targets for EVs, pledging to spend $35 billion in the coming years on new models and manufacturing capabilities, including building battery factories.
Across American corporations, executives are tightening belts in anticipation of an economic downturn. In the auto industry, some manufacturers have taken steps to freeze hiring or shrink staff, even though profits remain robust in an era of low inventory and buyers paying top dollar for new cars and trucks.
Stellantis has reported strong earnings throughout the pandemic, mostly bolstered by its heady performance in North America, where sales of pricey pickups and SUVs have driven its margins higher than those of many rivals.
In the first half of 2022, it posted double-digit increases in net revenueover the prior year, with adjusted operating margins for its North American business of 18.1%.

The shift to electric-vehicles is driving a rethink across the car business of staffing levels and resources.
Ford this summer laid off roughly 3,000 white-collar and contract employees to slash costs and better fund its transition to EVs.
In the U.S., Stellantis has said it wants to convert half of sales to battery-powered models by 2030. The transition includes the debut of an all-electric Jeep SUV next year, an electric Ram pickup in 2024 and an EV muscle car sold by the Dodge brand that same year.
The company has given priority to building battery plants in the U.S. and Canada to support its EV plans. It expects to start construction on the factories as soon as this year.
Stellantis has also been unique among auto makers in that Chief Executive Carlos Tavares embraced a work-from-home model even before the pandemic hit and is continuing to promote this approach.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Jeep-Owner Stellantis Offers Buyouts to U.S. Salaried Workers
The auto maker seeks to trim U.S. workforce, sharpen focus on zero-emissions vehicles
Stellantis STLA 0.15%increase; green up pointing triangle NV, the global parent of Jeep, Chrysler and other auto brands, said Friday it is offering voluntary buyouts to U.S. salaried employees as part of a restructuring to sharpen focus on new technologies and low-emissions vehicles.

The car company said it is offering the buyouts to certain white-collared employees this month with benefit packages that wouldn’t otherwise be available to them. The offers target employees with 30 years of experience and a pension, as well as those who are 55 years or older with 10 years of service, even if they aren’t eligible for a pension.

Stellantis declined to provide additional details, including how many of the 13,000 salaried employees in the U.S. are eligible for the buyout or whether it had a specific reduction target.
The auto maker said that the workforce buyouts were part of a continuing transformation as it shifts more resources into new software-driven technologies and expands its lineup of electric vehicles.
Stellantis, which was formed through the merger of France’s PSA Group and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV in 2021, has laid out ambitious targets for EVs, pledging to spend $35 billion in the coming years on new models and manufacturing capabilities, including building battery factories.
Across American corporations, executives are tightening belts in anticipation of an economic downturn. In the auto industry, some manufacturers have taken steps to freeze hiring or shrink staff, even though profits remain robust in an era of low inventory and buyers paying top dollar for new cars and trucks.
Stellantis has reported strong earnings throughout the pandemic, mostly bolstered by its heady performance in North America, where sales of pricey pickups and SUVs have driven its margins higher than those of many rivals.
In the first half of 2022, it posted double-digit increases in net revenueover the prior year, with adjusted operating margins for its North American business of 18.1%.

The shift to electric-vehicles is driving a rethink across the car business of staffing levels and resources.
Ford this summer laid off roughly 3,000 white-collar and contract employees to slash costs and better fund its transition to EVs.
In the U.S., Stellantis has said it wants to convert half of sales to battery-powered models by 2030. The transition includes the debut of an all-electric Jeep SUV next year, an electric Ram pickup in 2024 and an EV muscle car sold by the Dodge brand that same year.
The company has given priority to building battery plants in the U.S. and Canada to support its EV plans. It expects to start construction on the factories as soon as this year.
Stellantis has also been unique among auto makers in that Chief Executive Carlos Tavares embraced a work-from-home model even before the pandemic hit and is continuing to promote this approach.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I can remember Chrysler doing this very thing back in the mid-late 80's. Force out all the 55+ guys in their peak earnings years + nearing their 30+ year pension accruals since they are the most costly employees. Most of them had zero choice but to take the pkg and retire early as there was no place to go & get a job that paid even remotely what they were earning.

At that time I was on my 2 or 3rd gig as an independent consultant and was considering accepting an offer from them as a FT employee.

When the bloodbath began & I saw how it was destroying many of these guys, their families & retirement plans I knew I had made the right decision NOT to work for any of the major corps and the best course was to remain an independent ! A decision I have never regretted ;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Not really a bold or unprecedented or even unexpected move given the EV initiative...but does nothing to insure or guarantee the overall success of the endeavor...the Edsel had a better chance of long term success

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Someone I know at the track was telling me this today. He knows people that work there and different group have been let go at SRT different times this year

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Go woke, go broke! :mad:

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
GET NEW HP ICE WHILE YA STILL CAN!

I also think this will be an investment opportunity you won't want to miss...yes yes...in addition to driving them and having fun! Stockpile if you have the wherewithall..Wallstreet is a sham and not where u want ALL your eggs going forward imo. Get real tangible assets too like these (that are/will be in demand). Srsly, these cars will be the envy of REAL car ppl for DECADES to come.....take that to the bank...Fast golf carts will be a dime a dozen...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Everything woke turns to shit.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I
GET NEW HP ICE WHILE YA STILL CAN!

I also think this will be an investment opportunity you won't want to miss...yes yes...in addition to driving them and having fun! Stockpile if you have the wherewithall..Wallstreet is a sham and not where u want ALL your eggs going forward imo. Get real tangible assets too like these (that are/will be in demand). Srsly, these cars will be the envy of REAL car ppl for DECADES to come.....take that to the bank...Fast golf carts will be a dime a dozen...
Just like the KTM ATV. Imported to North

America In 2008-2009.

I told people the exact same thing.

Buy your KTM ATV and parts now.

or wish you did when you had the chance.

Sport ATVs are collectors items.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Bye Bye Dodge... It was a fun ride.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I can remember Chrysler doing this very thing back in the mid-late 80's. Force out all the 55+ guys in their peak earnings years + nearing their 30+ year pension accruals since they are the most costly employees. Most of them had zero choice but to take the pkg and retire early as there was no place to go & get a job that paid even remotely what they were earning.

At that time I was on my 2 or 3rd gig as an independent consultant and was considering accepting an offer from them as a FT employee.

When the bloodbath began & I saw how it was destroying many of these guys, their families & retirement plans I knew I had made the right decision NOT to work for any of the major corps and the best course was to remain an independent ! A decision I have never regretted ;)
Man this is me at present job, except no buy out, no pension, let’s just make the job shittier and shittier until he quits but finding equal pay for less headache is impossible so trying to hang on and ride out as many of highest salary years of my life as possible to hopefully qualify for the max SS benefits possible 5-10 years from now assuming some kind of SS is still there by then 🙏🙏🤞🤞

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Man this is me at present job, except no buy out, no pension, let’s just make the job shittier and shittier until he quits but finding equal pay for less headache is impossible so trying to hang on and ride out as many of highest salary years of my life as possible to hopefully qualify for the max SS benefits possible 5-10 years from now assuming some kind of SS is still there by then 🙏🙏🤞🤞
I’d throw a couple of Bitcoin in my retirement account right now.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I’d throw a couple of Bitcoin in my retirement account right now.
I’m not too knowledgeable on crypto, they at a 10 year low or?? What 1 bitcoin cost right now?

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I’m not too knowledgeable on crypto, they at a 10 year low or?? What 1 bitcoin cost right now?
1 Bitcoin today $20,832.00

Down from a high almost exactly two years ago of $67,582.60

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Bye Bye Dodge... It was a fun ride.
Word is...in car heaven..Plymouths...Pontiacs...and even a few Olds...are paving a new lot for Dodge...o_O

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
Yep no doubt DODGE is DONE…..who the hells buying a piece of shit HORNET😡
The sales will disappear to just reinforce shutting down the Dodge brand. It’s a known fact Stellantis bought out the Jeep and Ram brand to suck all the profits out to support the change over expenses to the EV.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yep no doubt DODGE is DONE…..who the hells buying a piece of shit HORNET😡
The sales will disappear to just reinforce shutting down the Dodge brand. It’s a known fact Stellantis bought out the Jeep and Ram brand to suck all the profits out to support the change over expenses to the EV.
Damn....you sound like that Ice Age TV guy on YouTube.

oh....wait......

nevermind.

:p:p

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Damn....you sound like that Ice Age TV guy on YouTube.

oh....wait......

nevermind.

:p:p
WTF...is Ice Age Tv back on You Tube....????:unsure::unsure::unsure:...is it a new season...or they still runnin re runs :unsure::unsure::unsure::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Don't forget Chrysler. Damn shame what has happened to this storied brand.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Don't forget Chrysler. Damn shame what has happened to this storied brand.
I remember when the industry was driven by passion..