Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Change of Times are for sure here for all us ICE AGE lovers!!!!!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Wow beyond wow how just one year later the incredible change we are witnessing. I mean between change of Administration to the Merger of FCA and Peugeot we are watching right in front of our eyes an incredible change. The anti ICE Age agenda is back on more than ever before and gaining incredible traction for all the Green lovers. The Merger has already started the cutting process and end of the Hellcat Era is on our doorstep. The costs of Energy is increasing right in front of our eyes and pretty amazing how the new administration supports this. The Ice Age mentality is being punished to help advance alternate energy which understandably is the world trend. But at the same time while the World is adapting to alternate fuels the world is still using Ice Age fuels. The costs to adapt and change is going to be pretty substantial to the American people and economy. Just look how the barrel of oil is on the rise and will continue which equates to more money out of your pocket for fuel. And this translates as well to your home energy bills and costs of good to be made, produced and shipped to the end users. The rate of inflation is already on the rise and this will only increase it exponentially to drain your pocket book more. And sure I get the idea of advancing alternative energy and I am not an opposer of this but I oppose markets being manipulated and forced to change by a Government that makes demands instead of creating demands. The Governing mandates are costing manufactures billions if not trillions in fines which only forces them to adapt to survive or die. The survival will only be the strongest and biggest which to some degree means more monopoly and price control than before. As an example the Middle East and other oil producing countries have seen our country close down oil and gas production. In turn the markets are already adjusting to this and its to there advantage which not only enriches those countries with more wealth but gives them more power to control world energy as we know it. The Change of Times are here and not welcome by many and or possibly most but the Green Agenda is an agenda to make the select few Greener in their Bank Accounts more than greener to help others. Since helping others is about fairness, honesty, integrity and understanding ones needs and wants over others beliefs and views.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Wow beyond wow how just one year later the incredible change we are witnessing. I mean between change of Administration to the Merger of FCA and Peugeot we are watching right in front of our eyes an incredible change. The anti ICE Age agenda is back on more than ever before and gaining incredible traction for all the Green lovers. The Merger has already started the cutting process and end of the Hellcat Era is on our doorstep. The costs of Energy is increasing right in front of our eyes and pretty amazing how the new administration supports this. The Ice Age mentality is being punished to help advance alternate energy which understandably is the world trend. But at the same time while the World is adapting to alternate fuels the world is still using Ice Age fuels. The costs to adapt and change is going to be pretty substantial to the American people and economy. Just look how the barrel of oil is on the rise and will continue which equates to more money out of your pocket for fuel. And this translates as well to your home energy bills and costs of good to be made, produced and shipped to the end users. The rate of inflation is already on the rise and this will only increase it exponentially to drain your pocket book more. And sure I get the idea of advancing alternative energy and I am not an opposer of this but I oppose markets being manipulated and forced to change by a Government that makes demands instead of creating demands. The Governing mandates are costing manufactures billions if not trillions in fines which only forces them to adapt to survive or die. The survival will only be the strongest and biggest which to some degree means more monopoly and price control than before. As an example the Middle East and other oil producing countries have seen our country close down oil and gas production. In turn the markets are already adjusting to this and its to there advantage which not only enriches those countries with more wealth but gives them more power to control world energy as we know it. The Change of Times are here and not welcome by many and or possibly most but the Green Agenda is an agenda to make the select few Greener in their Bank Accounts more than greener to help others. Since helping others is about fairness, honesty, integrity and understanding ones needs and wants over others beliefs and views.
I agree 100% an Canada will get sucked down with ya!

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
It makes no sense to me. Just arbitrarily pull the plug on gas & oil with no working plan implemented from the greenies first. Let's simply pull the rug out from under the oil industry now, and make everyone suffer, then later figure out that alternative solution they’re so fond of...sheesh.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Its all politics; create a panic situation (man made global warming), then keep harping that we are killing the planet, then create a solution (electric and battery powered everything) and then they can claim they solved the problem and stand back patting themselves on the back. Meanwhile the public pays for the havoc created and cost to implement "green" technologies. Sorry I don't buy in to it - likely the "cure" will be worse than the original problem...

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye
Already started thinking about when I will purchase my last ICE pickup. The D's keep pushing the ICE ban date up closer and closer.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
While I understand the argument about mandates, I also know that if somehow going electric was actually the right thing (no idea but just for argument's sake), and corporations were not forced they would never do it. Do you really think any of them would just take it upon themselves? Hell no. I'm not happy about it either but at the same time I know greedy industrial corporations are never going to voluntarily make the changes that the greedy political entities want. It messes up their bottom line. Whether theyre legitimate changes or not will be debated forever, and humans despise change so there is going to be kicking and screaming. 100 yrs from now none of this will matter. Everything will be electric/nuclear/H2O/something else powered, our generation will be fossils, and the kicking and screaming will be about something else, but it won't ever end.