Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stellantis Creates New Business To Collect And Sell Customer Data

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
My '16 never lost its Performance Pages. Subscription expired 5 years ago. I've heard going to mopar.com and removing the vehicle (as if you've sold it) has worked for some folks. Maybe you've tried that already.

Factory reset of the head unit is another possibility.
Reset of the head unit - do you mean through the radio menu, or the magical hold down two knobs for 30 seconds or whatever the procedure is? Trying to determine the least invasive trick and try that first. I am definitely unsubscribed from UConnect and I told them to delete everything, but the first line skill level of those folks is not very high. Also, removing the vehicle from my Mopar account - not sure if that would do any good since the radio can't connect to anything? I have also been told the Z-Automotive Tazer would do it, but I already have the Burn Box, and I'm tired of spending money on gadgets, plus they would not guarantee it, just that it "should" do it. I need to get the radio to stop trying to connect when I select PP - that seems like the root problem.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Reset of the head unit - do you mean through the radio menu, or the magical hold down two knobs for 30 seconds or whatever the procedure is? Trying to determine the least invasive trick and try that first. I am definitely unsubscribed from UConnect and I told them to delete everything, but the first line skill level of those folks is not very high. Also, removing the vehicle from my Mopar account - not sure if that would do any good since the radio can't connect to anything? I have also been told the Z-Automotive Tazer would do it, but I already have the Burn Box, and I'm tired of spending money on gadgets, plus they would not guarantee it, just that it "should" do it. I need to get the radio to stop trying to connect when I select PP - that seems like the root problem.
This is the one I know of.
Hold the driver's side up and down temp arrows for around 10 seconds until the menu comes up, then go to factory reset or something like that near the bottom of the menu page.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
[cheers]What MikeD1 said

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Let my UConnect expire and never lost my PP. Weird that it happens to some but not others🤔

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
You do not need UConnect, to have PP.

I've had my cell connection blocked, for a couple of years and still have PP. Zero issues. I posted a How-To make a cell blocker, in the Maintenance forum. DO NOT just unplug your cell antenna.

Also, cellcomms and Nav are separate. If you block cell, you still have nav... oh and XM.

Whether you have a Uconnect subscription, or not, they are connecting to your vehicle and gathering data. Remember, these cars have a data recorder, for a reason. They also maintain a cell connection, for a reason... and it's not for your convenience.

Sent from my SM-G666 using Tapatalk

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Every button you press is logged and transmitted. If you block the cell, you will see that HAL9000 throws up a nag screen, with each push of a button. Once you dismiss the screen, it does not come back, for that key cycle. Next time you start the car, you will need to dismiss. Small price to pay, for privacy.

Sent from my SM-G666 using Tapatalk

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Its like Dodge is doing everything possible to make us hate them. What a way to keep customers!
We are not their customers after 2023.
They know this and they don't care.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
We are not their customers after 2023.
They know this and they don't care.
Absolutely! It was a conscious decision, we have been totally written off, they have absolutely no interest in us any longer. We (at lest I) will not buy their overpriced crap or EV's. They have even given up on selling stage kits to us.

I don't even want a Ram or Jeep at this point. I'm just thrilled I got in while it was available, especially since I was too young and poor to get in on the originals. But what is happening now looks worse than the Iacocca days.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I bought a Jeep GC this summer. Hoping Stellantis will be around long enough to honor the Mopar extended warranty.