Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

So you want to go racing?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
“Close to $300k” is what he told me he’s got in it. After two years of building it…. he’s decided he wants to spend his time in other pursuits 🤯. This is not a for sale ad. Just a heads-up in case somebody knows somebody who might be thinking about going in this direction and might want to save two years and $100k. I can provide build details and contact info. Car ran a soft tune 8.0 at 169 mph in Houston and has a fresh zero time motor (new heads) and zero time T400 and billet converter. He’s asking $135k 62DE05A7-0035-4024-87CF-6261FAD2E69A.jpeg 2C6C8C38-8D0F-4A18-AF88-F1915032CF0F.jpeg 3C312121-C49F-4A1A-B032-5A6559EF1371.jpeg 59C712CA-A226-4A69-86A4-AEDFAC001DF3.jpeg

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
NICE!!!!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
It's not cheap to go real fast.

How is your build coming @Marc W ?

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #4
It's not cheap to go real fast.

How is your build coming @Marc W ?
Thanks for asking. Lol. I’ll be finishing the CO2 plumbing for the chute and shifter, and then re-plumbing the fuel system at the rear to make sure it’s got what it needs for the new 2200 injectors today. It seems that I need to do everything more than once before I get it the way I like it and say good. I still need to set up the new catch can/breather system and mount a new radiator fan and trans cooler. Other than that I’m just waiting on some wires to get plugged in (I don’t do that) and fire it up. We’ve suffered thru every calamity at the shop except locust (they’re probably on the way) but it’s getting there. The big thing taking place in addition to the work on the car is we’re gathering the pieces to build a new motor. The race prepped Thitek Bear cylinder heads have arrived. The Callis crank is only a week out now (according to them) and the Dart Iron Eagle Block is past it’s target date with a “we’ll let you know” answer to inquiries on that. A special 3.8 Whipple is in the works (I’ve seen video of the CNC working on it) and the hope is that a new 413 monster will be ready by end of year. I’m not planning on being on the track until fall when it cools down. I’m not getting in that thing when it’s 110 degrees out there.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Im not surprised at the $$$ to build.

As for engine building, call Dart. My engine guy did and they found one in their blemished/questionable pile that needed a little touching up. Looking at it, seems fine.
Now just waiting on the crank/rods.

Absolutely sucks to try and build anything right now.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #6
Im not surprised at the $$$ to build.

As for engine building, call Dart. My engine guy did and they found one in their blemished/questionable pile that needed a little touching up. Looking at it, seems fine.
Now just waiting on the crank/rods.

Absolutely sucks to try and build anything right now.
Are you saying that you got one of their new Iron Eagle Gen III Hemi blocks? That’s what we’re waiting on!

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Chevy block
But Dart is a complete shit show right now.

The Big M blocks are never in stock and dates keep getting pushed. The LS stuff is finally available again.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #8
Chevy block
But Dart is a complete shit show right now.

The Big M blocks are never in stock and dates keep getting pushed. The LS stuff is finally available again.
Ok thanks. That’s been our observation too because they keep kicking it back after initially stating dates and showing it off at PRI. Welcome to the f’d world of the supply of everything today.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Just think Marc you could have waited and just bought that and saved some money :p Really that's a good price for what it is

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #10
Just think Marc you could have waited and just bought that and saved some money :p Really that's a good price for what it is
Tell me about it! 😓

Tuckerracing

Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Dart told me that it may be end of the year for gen iii blocks, he said they have not even started on the production blocks yet.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #12
Dart told me that it may be end of the year for gen iii blocks, he said they have not even started on the production blocks yet.
Thanks. We had a contact there but I’ve been told he left. We need to have a serious talk with somebody else over there I guess. Once the blower and crank are here, it will be decision time. We already have a new Hellcat block stored away but I have been hoping for this Dart deal since they were promoting it at PRI and they told us to expect June. We’re targeting 2000hp and I want a water jacked block so it can be driven. I don’t want to have to tow it everywhere. Maybe one of the aluminum things I’m seeing now that claim they’re good for the 2k mark.

Tuckerracing

Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks. We had a contact there but I’ve been told he left. We need to have a serious talk with somebody else over there I guess. Once the blower and crank are here, it will be decision time. We already have a new Hellcat block stored away but I have been hoping for this Dart deal since they were promoting it at PRI and they told us to expect June. We’re targeting 2000hp and I want a water jacked block so it can be driven. I don’t want to have to tow it everywhere. Maybe one of the aluminum things I’m seeing now that claim they’re good for the 2k mark.
Aluminum block from Demon Performance is 14k and only saves 65lbs of weight, not sure it is worth the cost to weight savings. I saw the Aluminum wet block from HHP but have not talked to them about it, dollar wise I think it is less and weighs less but what is it giving up on strength for the weight savings. I was hoping the Dart block would be available sooner but it has been at pri since 2020 and still not in production. I am looking at going with a half filled block on the spare engine now.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #14
Aluminum block from Demon Performance is 14k and only saves 65lbs of weight, not sure it is worth the cost to weight savings. I saw the Aluminum wet block from HHP but have not talked to them about it, dollar wise I think it is less and weighs less but what is it giving up on strength for the weight savings. I was hoping the Dart block would be available sooner but it has been at pri since 2020 and still not in production. I am looking at going with a half filled block on the spare engine now.
That was brought up is a conversation just last week. I would be interested in the increased strength/benefit vs any downside/limitations that will result in doing that. I am very wary of advertised hype by anybody on a super high cost piece like these aluminum Gen III Hemi blocks when I have experienced engine builders telling me that they would never use one. After talking with Dart (and others about it) I had decided that that was a done decision and just stopped thinking about it. It looks like they are not going to deliver so time to start thinking again.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #16
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MIvbn79461-AIVxG1vBB1vLQCrEAQYAiABEgLeKPD_BwE

Can you get your hands on one of these?
Although you want an Iron Eagle so me thinks you are not playing around in the HP department.

Maybe I should buy a foundry, seems like its going to be in large demand in the car world
Not sure how this differs from what HHP is offering except theirs costs more. I’ll have to start looking into all my options and finding out what’s what now that it’s looking like Dart isn’t being straight with everybody. Stay tuned. Lol.

Tuckerracing

Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Not sure how this differs from what HHP is offering except theirs costs more. I’ll have to start looking into all my options and finding out what’s what now that it’s looking like Dart isn’t being straight with everybody. Stay tuned. Lol.
I really hope Dart gets theirs out before the end of the year. I need to have a spare motor built by then. Marc keep us posted on what you find out.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks for asking. Lol. I’ll be finishing the CO2 plumbing for the chute and shifter, and then re-plumbing the fuel system at the rear to make sure it’s got what it needs for the new 2200 injectors today. It seems that I need to do everything more than once before I get it the way I like it and say good. I still need to set up the new catch can/breather system and mount a new radiator fan and trans cooler. Other than that I’m just waiting on some wires to get plugged in (I don’t do that) and fire it up. We’ve suffered thru every calamity at the shop except locust (they’re probably on the way) but it’s getting there. The big thing taking place in addition to the work on the car is we’re gathering the pieces to build a new motor. The race prepped Thitek Bear cylinder heads have arrived. The Callis crank is only a week out now (according to them) and the Dart Iron Eagle Block is past it’s target date with a “we’ll let you know” answer to inquiries on that. A special 3.8 Whipple is in the works (I’ve seen video of the CNC working on it) and the hope is that a new 413 monster will be ready by end of year. I’m not planning on being on the track until fall when it cools down. I’m not getting in that thing when it’s 110 degrees out there.
Sounds like you're getting close. Hopefully Fall will get here soon, it's hot as hell here too. Can't wait to see it making some passes.

I'm going to Street Outlaws NPK next Saturday & it's suppose to be 102*, 100* throughout the whole next week.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
This is a steal I just bought one or man this would be hard to pass on. This week only pricr
18E6E6DC-CB1D-4360-A10E-A841FF6DD460.png

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions