Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Ram Shortbed Regular Cab Is Gone

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Ah, yes, the Ramcharger. Wish I'd remember how many bags of cement I crammed into the back of one. Plus four people inside.

Those bump stops got the workout of their lives. All nine of them, in one trip.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Ah, yes, the Ramcharger. Wish I'd remember how many bags of cement I crammed into the back of one. Plus four people inside.

Those bump stops got the workout of their lives. All nine of them, in one trip.
Had 3 of em...and a Plymouth Trail Duster in 79...all of them rotted out like crazy...

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
The dealers all want to push the $100K luxo-barge pickups, not regular trucks. Unless they cater to fleets. I bet hardly any were ordered as "stock".
I know mines not a top o the line Ram but I bought it because it was sitting on the lot and kept catching my eye as I drove by every day! My 99 Dodge Ram transmission went out and I bought the one on the lot as my replacement.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Mine's also far from top of the line. Would've really liked to have a heated steering wheel, but realized that I'd rather freeze a bit every now and then than have to always deal with a touch screen...which is a must for getting the heated 'wheel and seats.

Heck, I even ordered it without the third brake light, but did get the aux switches and VSIM, for example.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I love my regular cab short bed Ram! Go off-road in the hills of Kentucky, haul all the time, pull a 12’ trailer all over the tri-state area and I bought it new, now has 169,540 miles on it!! Runs like a champ!
View attachment 83304 View attachment 83305 View attachment 83306
The dumbest thing I ever did was sell my 13 Express. Truck was a work horse.
I might buy a 23 Express quad cab. IMO i liked these trucks better than the 5th gens.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
After they discontinued the Ram charger...I was forced to go the P/U truck route...that was my first P/U..2 dr short bed great plow truck took out many cars many of nights and showed those don’t f@#k with the Ram Boy no matter how small she is😁