Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Looking for a good 20 inch drag street tire

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
I’m looking to replace the stock tires. What 20 inch tires are you guys running on the street? I’m getting old so I don’t take my car to the track but love racing it around on the street. Mickey Thompson or Nitto?
‘Sorry if I missed it searching.

Edit: Rear tires only. Will 315 width fit without any issues? And Black Friday is coming up so hopefully I’ll be able to find a good deal

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
315 555R2 Nitto. On the stock 11 inch rim. You can drive them in the wet too if you get caught out. If it pouring though it will get slippery from the rear struggling to shed the water. I’ve had to drive a few times in the wet getting caught out.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
If you like spinning the tires a bit I’d go ps4s. The nittos are hard to spin at temperature and proper psi on the street unless your flooring it from a standstill. The ps4s also ride slightly better and obviously you get more miles out of them. I use the ps4s 305s for fronts on my Redeye. My charger hellcat has the ps4s on all four corners. The ps4s are an excellent tire they perform nearly as good the perilli in dry condition with the Michelin being in the Wet! Haha. Very impressive wet grip with the ps4s

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Nittos. I daily on them. They are good in wet weather also and even if some will say I never drive my car in the rain you still could get caught in it

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
We have 555r2s on the rear of our Challenger. Great tires until you hit more than a light rain. Then you'll have a squirrely beast on your hands.

OP
22MoparMuscle

22MoparMuscle

Member ID
Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
Cool. Thanks guys.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I’m on Nitto 315 NT05R’s which are a giant improvement over the Pirelli junk. Recently however I added a set of 17’s w/MT ET’s which made a substantial improvement over the Nittos.

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I have Nitto G2 315 on the rear. I'm not a fan. You give it a little throttle and they light up. Maybe I have too much air pressure. I should lower it to see. I talked to a guy at Carlisle this year who has M/T on the back of his HC Challenger. He loves them. He says they really stick. I NEVER drive my HC in the rain so I can't comment .
When my Nitto's are ready for replacement, I'll probably try M/T.

Deano

1000 Posts Club
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Roy
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WBHC
I've been running Toyo R888R in 325/30x20 on the OE 11" wide body wheels for 3 years and really like them.
Great traction, (I run 28 PSI cold) fit w/o rubbing and handle great. Some say they are too loud, they don't bother me at all.
They may not be as good in the rain as others, but I avoid driving in the rain. When I have, I go a bit slower and have had no issues.