Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jon's Flex Tune Doing Some 1/8mile Work

drive_55_not

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincolnton
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellrasin Challenger HellCat
Good News, Got some decent weather so decided to hit the track. DA wasn't the best but ran a 6.34 and hot lapped a 6.40.

Car was flying but the MPH on those is reading a tad high, Dragy showed 112.

Bad Newz, Car started slowing down after cooling off on my last couple passes and left me scratching my head, but the logs didn't show anything abnormal. Coolant temp did go to 215 but went down after lifting.

So i was done and packed up and left, Stopped to eat on the way home and as I got back on the road from eating I got a Big OVER TEMP Warning flashed on the display, The temp gauge was pegged at 260 and I could hear the high speed fan was kicked in,

Coolant level was normal, so after a quick Google I presumed I was stuck with the infamous Mishimoto stuck shut thermostat, luckily there was a Autozone a 1/4mile down the road so I cooled it down for 30 min, limped it over to the Zone, R&R'd a new 180 Carquest thermostat and overheating problem solved.

First time I've ever had a thermostat stick shut that hadn't been sitting for months.

That stat was only 9months old.

Attachments

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
Tune only?

OP
D

drive_55_not

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincolnton
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
2.85 upper, ID1050x, Dual pumps, OE Intake with dirty filter, 2,62 rear, 325 Hoosiers,AAD Drag Pack.

That 6,34 probably would've been a 6,299 with my shorter 305 ET Street R;s but these Hoosiers are getting worn and I'm going to burn them off to swap them with a 27" tire and a 'E85 Race" tune instead of Flex.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
2.85 upper, ID1050x, Dual pumps, OE Intake with dirty filter, 2,62 rear, 325 Hoosiers,AAD Drag Pack.

That 6,34 probably would've been a 6,299 with my shorter 305 ET Street R;s but these Hoosiers are getting worn and I'm going to burn them off to swap them with a 27" tire and a 'E85 Race" tune instead of Flex.

Myself I wouldn't go to a 27" Job 1 is hooking and the prep isn't always the best. 2.62 to a 3.09 is a tenth and going from a 28 to 27 will not change the ratio as much as the gears and you could have less chance of hooking. I went from a 28 to 29.4 a long with the aad arms and I dont have traction issues

OP
D

drive_55_not

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincolnton
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Luckily the tracks I go to have good prep, I have been thinking about "little" Nawz shot to take advantage of the 30" tall Hoosiers. Logs show I was right at 5600rpm at the stripe.

These tall tires and 2.62 rear really do fly out the backside on the 1/4, Getting close to 135 at the top of 4th..

But most of my running will be 1/8th mile. Rockingham and Darlington are the closest 1/4 to me and they are 2.5hrs one way.

One thing I've got to work on is getting my foot on the floor, Logs are showing it's taking me 3/4 of a second to go from 1500-to full WOT throttle. I need to get that down to .5s

I just checked the price of the 27in Street R's, $478.79 ...., Cough, Cough, Cough ...

This 'sport' is getting expensive ....

./

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Did someone say nos 😊

glad you are happy.
If you want we can try to accelerate the pedal to the floor time. Traction becomes an issue but if you are on a big enough tire you may be fine.

OP
D

drive_55_not

U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lincolnton
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Did someone say nos 😊

glad you are happy.
If you want we can try to accelerate the pedal to the floor time. Traction becomes an issue but if you are on a big enough tire you may be fine.
I'm still on the stock axles so that's one reason I'm a little slow to get the pedal to the metal, that and this accelerator pedal is a tad stiff. I just need to nut up and send it.

These Hoosier's stick pretty much every time at 22psi, they were wadding up pretty good Sunday. Probably could've used another lb.

I did have a bit a of learning curve with the Street R's with their stiffer sidewall. Found out real quick 22 is too much for them, 19.5 has been the sweet spot.

Yes, I have 60lbs of the giggle gas sitting here that needs to be burned also.

Right now I'm trying to figure out if that over heating event Sunday popped a head gasket...

Attachments