Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I ORDERED AN E-TORQUE BY MISTAKE!!! CRAP!!!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I do, and it has that stupid, awful, horrible, auto start/stop too. I'm planning to do some software changes to the truck in the next few weeks and I should be able to disable the auto start/stop then. I hate that thing.
Why not just buy the plug n play eliminator? Seems a lot less hassle.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #102
I hope you are right, the 2021 Ram warranty booklet clearly lists the Power Pack as being is covered 8/80 (page 17), but the but the "Power Pack Unit" is not listed in the 8/80 section of the 2022 Warranty information booklet.

Granted, these are poor images. I am trying to get a pdf of the document but it is not easy to find.

If you have any documentation it would be great if you could share it, thanks!

BTW: The link you provided in post 92 goes to the owners site and since I do not own the truck I cannot access the warranty info.

Attachments

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Why not just buy the plug n play eliminator? Seems a lot less hassle.
On the Ford I can just change a setting in the software while I'm in there changing a few other settings getting rid of other annoying features (ie: the double horn honk when I get out of the truck and it's still running), so I'll just change the setting to disable.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Was that a mistype? Manual and Auto Start/Stop?
Auto start/stop is not the same as etorque in the Jeeps.

The 3.6 and 2.0T Jeeps with automatics have etorque and auto start/stop.

The manual 3.6 only has auto start/stop

It wasn't a mistype but it was poorly worded. My fault on that.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Auto start/stop is not the same as etorque in the Jeeps.

The 3.6 and 2.0T Jeeps with automatics have etorque and auto start/stop.

The manual 3.6 only has auto start/stop

It wasn't a mistype but it was poorly worded. My fault on that.
I'm more intrigued how Auto Stop/Start works on a manual. So if you're at a stop light, with clutch pedal down and in first gear, the engine actually stops? Then as soon as you lift the clutch pedal the engine restarts? Assuming it doesn't stop when you're just idling in neutral?

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
As an aside we ordered it through Koons as well. We’ll never go back. Finance guy was a total con artist trying to use mega high pressure upsell tactics. Had to threaten him with canceling the purchase to get him to stop. Extremely confrontational, raised voice, questioning why we wouldnt buy the extended warranty, trying to sell us GAP which we literally could never use due to our downpayment amount, basically calling us cheap because we went there for the below invoice deal but wouldnt buy the add ons. Ruined the whole experience for my wife. She’d never purchased a new vehicle before and the Jeep is for her.
Never again. Rant over.
^^^ This! Everyday this ^^^ I live 25 miles from Koons, I still bought my Redeye through Martin Dodge in KY. I never even made it to the Finance Guy. I felt rushed and dismissed in my initial talks to order from Koons, never felt that way at Martin. Plus, the finance guy at Martin didn't push any upsells. He looked at my down payment and said "nope - no need for GAP" and when I mentioned pinning the crank and adding on a diff brace - he said that they would still cover the car under warranty with those, but others probably wouldn't so extended warranty wouldn't be worth it to me. And we were done.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I'm more intrigued how Auto Stop/Start works on a manual. So if you're at a stop light, with clutch pedal down and in first gear, the engine actually stops? Then as soon as you lift the clutch pedal the engine restarts? Assuming it doesn't stop when you're just idling in neutral?
Clutch out
Neutral
ac compressor off
It will stop the engine and the green A will appear on the dash.
Foot might need to be on the brake as well. I will play around with it on lunch to see.

The instant you touch the clutch pedal, the Jeep starts back up. There is also a button on the dash to disable it.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #108
Update: It appears that Ram does not want anyone to know the warranty on the 2022 eTorque Power Pack. I could not find a Ram document anywhere that provides explicit terms. Ram chat said 5/60, Ram phone cust serv said 3/36, no one would provide documentation. The answer is, have your Service Manager print out a "Coverages Report". Mine came up showing, based on my VIN, that it is indeed covered for 8/80 under emissions. This is a huge relief.

Thank you to several guys in several forums attaching relevant documents to their posts that helped me figure it out. There is one guy that had the answer but I after reading myself blind over the past 3 days I can't find the post or name. He attached his "Coverages Report" but at the time I did not know it was from the dealer. He had it right, he is the clear winner! Whoever his is, thanks!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Tried to tell ya 👍🏼. There’s no way a ‘21 would be covered and not a ‘22. It’s the same part.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #110
Tried to tell ya 👍🏼. There’s no way a ‘21 would be covered and not a ‘22. It’s the same part.
Yes, you were right. But you did not provide relevant documents. If it were reversed, would you believe me without proof? We are all ghosts on the cloud and though we get a lot of great and helpful info, we are all on our own to fend for ourselves.

Even without the docs, you motovated me keep looking, so thanks for that! All is good! :)

But the fact that Ram goes to such extents to hide critical warranty information is very discomforting. Really makes me wonder about the future of Dodge/Ram.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yes, you were right. But you did not provide relevant documents. If it were reversed, would you believe me without proof? We are all ghosts on the cloud and though we get a lot of great and helpful info, we are all on our own to fend for ourselves.

Even without the docs, you motovated me keep looking, so thanks for that! All is good! :)

But the fact that Ram goes to such extents to hide critical warranty information is very discomforting. Really makes me wonder about the future of Dodge/Ram.
For me personally I would 100% believe it without docs only because that battery pack has been around for a couple of years with the eight yr warranty. It’s a selling point for the public who is already wary about new battery technology as it is. There would be no logical reason for the warranty to change, especially when we are entering an era of batteries becoming a bigger and bigger part of the new vehicle purchase experience. Does seem odd how hard it is to find documentation though, what the hell.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #112
For me personally I would 100% believe it without docs only because that battery pack has been around for a couple of years with the eight yr warranty. It’s a selling point for the public who is already wary about new battery technology as it is. There would be no logical reason for the warranty to change, especially when we are entering an era of batteries becoming a bigger and bigger part of the new vehicle purchase experience. Does seem odd how hard it is to find documentation though, what the hell.
I'm sure we all thought the warranty would be the same, why would anyone think it would change? It is very odd that not only they seem to be hiding the information from the public, but Ram Customer Service and some dealers can't even find the info. I am not as trusting as most people so it doesn't sit well with me. Have to wonder if they are up to something. Things have been a-changin' lately at Dodge/Ram.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #113
Mopar Max Care?
Get a bumper to bumper 7/125 plan.
Just a FYI at this point: I inquired a few days ago and just received this response:

To my knowledge, the Mopar max care does not cover the battery pack or generator.

Joe Topor
Chryslerwarrantys.com
888 918 9840

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Just a FYI at this point: I inquired a few days ago and just received this response:

To my knowledge, the Mopar max care does not cover the battery pack or generator.

Joe Topor
Chryslerwarrantys.com
888 918 9840
So much for bumper to bumper.
Thanks for that.

Glad I didn't opt for the ETorque Laramie and held out for a TRX

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 HCM6 2022 RENB
Thread Starter #115
So much for bumper to bumper.
Thanks for that.

Glad I didn't opt for the ETorque Laramie and held out for a TRX
Go ahead are rub it in! :mad:

I had a great plan, buy the last year of the non-eTorque 1500 and I freked it up!!!! Sucks to get old...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

I had a great plan, buy the last year of the non-eTorque 1500 and I freked it up!!!! Sucks to get old...
You can still order a TRX.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer

They still make the Classic 1500. They are not etorque

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States