Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

HP TUNERS FREE PCM UNLOCK

Adrenaline Rush

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Windham
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
22 Charger Hellcat Redeye
Starting to tune my 22 Redeye charger. Paid for the 6 credits to get the free unlock.

Sent the PCM in on a Thursday about 2 weeks ago. Received an email on Monday that they had it.
Second email on Tuesday with tracking. Got it back on Thursday early AM. If you take out the weekend,
5 days. Pretty impressive with all the delays we are seeing on so many things today!

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Starting to tune my 22 Redeye charger. Paid for the 6 credits to get the free unlock.

Sent the PCM in on a Thursday about 2 weeks ago. Received an email on Monday that they had it.
Second email on Tuesday with tracking. Got it back on Thursday early AM. If you take out the weekend,
5 days. Pretty impressive with all the delays we are seeing on so many things today!
When I did my Redeye it was about one week.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I did the same last winter. Also quick turn around

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
Used to if we mailed them out on a Monday we were tuning Friday. Now it seems to take 10-14 days.

I do them myself now. We usually get them sent out the next business day after receiving them

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Used to if we mailed them out on a Monday we were tuning Friday. Now it seems to take 10-14 days.

I do them myself now. We usually get them sent out the next business day after receiving them
I’ve sent (referred) a few to white when people are in a really quick hurry.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Scurry
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 TRX
is it better to buy a pcm and send it and keep the original ? Im New here and 1st TRX ive ever owned its a level1 series

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
You could buy another one and keep the stock as a spare.

is it better to buy a pcm and send it and keep the original ? Im New here and 1st TRX ive ever owned its a level1 series
like me, used them and back in two days, super nice to deal with

I’ve sent (referred) a few to white when people are in a really quick hurry.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I don't think one is better then the other it is what works best for you. It will cost more to buy another computer and even switching computers out they still may know you messed with the tune. I sent the one from my car in and had it unlocked. Turn around was just over a week

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
You could buy another one and keep the stock as a spare.

like me, used them and back in two days, super nice to deal with
Speaking of buying another, are PCMs year and model specific or can any PCM be overwritten to the user’s year and model? Just curious if PCMs are like hard drives where the computer model doesn’t matter, since the hard drive can be wiped and used on another computer.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
The years are hard requirements. For example I get bent over as the 2015 PCM is the only year I can use. Visit https://store.mopar.com/, use the navigator or VIN (vin is better). Select Parts under Categories on the left side bar, then below Electrical -> Keys Modules and Engine Controllers. Once selected the results on the right will update. Find Engine Controller Module, click it and it will show you applicable years. For me 2015 is the only game in town. Fuckign asinine but I know why they did it. So much changed on the CANBUS from 2015 to 2016 as 2015 was really just a modified version of the 2014 controllers. Fucking FCA...

@Taxinator 👆☝🆙⬆🔼

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
The years are hard requirements. For example I get bent over as the 2015 PCM is the only year I can use. Visit https://store.mopar.com/, use the navigator or VIN (vin is better). Select Parts under Categories on the left side bar, then below Electrical -> Keys Modules and Engine Controllers. Once selected the results on the right will update. Find Engine Controller Module, click it and it will show you applicable years. For me 2015 is the only game in town. Fuckign asinine but I know why they did it. So much changed on the CANBUS from 2015 to 2016 as 2015 was really just a modified version of the 2014 controllers. Fucking FCA...

@Taxinator 👆☝🆙⬆🔼
The Mopar store listed years 2016 and 2017 for engines 5.7 and 6.4 as vehicle fitment for my 2017 SRT 392. Therefore, a 2017 PCM for a Hellcat will not work on a 392 or vice versa. However, a PCM from a 2016 or 2017 5.7 may work just fine…interesting.

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
Speaking of buying another, are PCMs year and model specific or can any PCM be overwritten to the user’s year and model? Just curious if PCMs are like hard drives where the computer model doesn’t matter, since the hard drive can be wiped and used on another computer.

Some are specific, some are not. I always recommend matching the numbers on the white sticker.

Some OS will work for older years but not newer, some are model specific (had a red eye PCM that apparently is not compatible with a regular hellcat)

I always recommend unlocking the stock PCM for these reasons, but I do have the ability to VIN flash as long as the PCMs are compatible. Other companies might do things differently

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
The 6.2 PCM's are for the most part interchangeable. Any newer 6.2 based PCM can be used in an older model 6.2. Like others we can re-vin/recalibrate a used PCM or calibrate a new one (which we stock for convenience).