Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Final Edition ICE release: Spoke with a top 5 Dodge dealership

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Ok just adding to the heresay, this is what i can throw into the mix.

I have a good relationship with a Nationally-known high-volume hi-performance dealership in the US. This source is about as in the know as you can get (for a Dealership). He is an industry veteran and has been selling HP Dodges for decades.

So I asked him what has he heard and what can he confirm. He prefaced his answers by saying he doesn't know all the details since Stellantis is playing it pretty close to the vest. He DID say that something IS coming and that something WILL be a high-performance ICE release. I mentioned E-85 and he did say that he had heard the same and it was an easy way to add HP without R/D which is what makes sense at this point.

The MOST interesting thing he told me is that it was his belief (no hard proof, but some interesting hints left by Dodge) that the car would NOT be a Challenger. My contact said that this was largely a Tim K. deal since he "promised" that the Demon would go down as the top Challenger release. I wasn't aware he said that but I do remember something to this effect (maybe someone can dig on past TK pressers). Anyhow, my guy thinks this will be a flex-fuel E-85 Charger.

All hail The Super Taxi! lol

He did say it would be an allocation and limited release deal and production would be MUCH less than the 3000 Demons built. On that point he was adamant. Which of course likely also means supercharged (pun intended) ADMs are on the horizon. He also confirmed that August would be their reveal timeframe.

As I said, we are friends and I have bought from him in the past. I am near the top of his list but even he couldn't guarantee me MSRP or even a car since it will depend on how many (if?) they get and if their dealership will stick to their MSRP-only policy.

Well, that's all I know. At least this should be a fun month as we guess (and finally see what happens).

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Well, thanks but not interested.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Well, thanks but not interested.
If it's a Taxi I won't be interested either. I asked to get on his list JUST IN CASE it is a Challenger...or gulp, even better, a Viper FE...

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
If it's a Taxi I won't be interested either. I asked to get on his list JUST IN CASE it is a Challenger...or gulp, even better, a Viper FE...
LOL, I hear you. I'm sitting on $150K for a 68 or 69 Charger. They can get that money but the offer is going to have to take my breath away like the Challenger did back in 1970 and still does today.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Maybe something badged as a Barracuda? Yea I know it was a Plymouth but there have been rumors about this previously??🤷 whatever it is sounds like it will be very limited which means big ADM on top of a big MSRP. I mean if MSRP on a Jailbreak can easily be over $100G’s what would they price this at? Thanks but no thanks.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat

I have a good relationship with a Nationally-known high-volume hi-performance dealership in the US. This source is about as in the know as you can get (for a Dealership). He is an industry veteran and has been selling HP Dodges for decades.

So I asked him what has he heard and what can he confirm. He prefaced his answers by saying he doesn't know all the details since Stellantis is playing it pretty close to the vest. He DID say that something IS coming and that something WILL be a high-performance ICE release. I mentioned E-85 and he did say that he had heard the same and it was an easy way to add HP without R/D which is what makes sense at this point.

The MOST interesting thing he told me is that it was his belief (no hard proof, but some interesting hints left by Dodge) that the car would NOT be a Challenger. My contact said that this was largely a Tim K. deal since he "promised" that the Demon would go down as the top Challenger release. I wasn't aware he said that but I do remember something to this effect (maybe someone can dig on past TK pressers). Anyhow, my guy thinks this will be a flex-fuel E-85 Charger.

He did say it would be an allocation and limited release deal and production would be MUCH less than the 3000 Demons built. On that point he was adamant. Which of course likely also means supercharged (pun intended) ADMs are on the horizon. He also confirmed that August would be their reveal timeframe.

As I said, we are friends and I have bought from him in the past. I am near the top of his list but even he couldn't guarantee me MSRP or even a car since it will depend on how many (if?) they get and if their dealership will stick to their MSRP-only policy.

Well, that's all I know. At least this should be a fun month as we guess (and finally see what happens).
He may be right. Remember the Tim K video where they hinted at the new AWD E powered car. They had historically significant Mopars in a half circle driveway. One was a red car under a car cover at the front. TIm pulled up the corner and it wasnt a challenger, Id guess everyone assume it was the E-charger Looked like maybe a charger bumper. Maybe thats the last hurrah IMG_9688.jpg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Why not add it to the thread we already have then start a new one?

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Why not add it to the thread we already have then start a new one?
Dunno, I guess knee jerk, wanted to share and didn't know about the posting protocols? ;)
Gonna go on a limb though and bet this won't be the last thread on this particular topic/speculation over the next month or so...

Last edited:
OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
He may be right. Remember the Tim K video where they hinted at the new AWD E powered car. They had historically significant Mopars in a half circle driveway. One was a red car under a car cover at the front. TIm pulled up the corner and it wasnt a challenger, Id guess everyone assume it was the E-charger Looked like maybe a charger bumper. Maybe thats the last hurrah View attachment 75499
Great catch. To me that looks like a functional breathing bumper setup (i.e. not EV).

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
At least it looks muscular....no idea why the front tires are noticeably bigger than the back...lol

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
damn rain

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
of coarse it is a TAXI @BULL thinks it is the Angel:unsure:

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
At least it looks muscular....no idea why the front tires are noticeably bigger than the back...lol
Now when I turn it on, will it turn me on?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I actually HOPE it's a Charger. No offense to those that like the 4 door variant but it's definitely not for me and I wouldn't be thinking "maybe" I should.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
I actually HOPE it's a Charger. No offense to those that like the 4 door variant but it's definitely not for me and I wouldn't be thinking "maybe" I should.
Totally get the logic...

Now if a 1000hp FE Viper came out? :unsure:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Jimmy N. is gonna shit a brick when he reads this ...........................

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
In my opinion Dodge is very close to treading into the meh, who cares anymore category. The Hellcats were bad ass, and the right car for the time to generate excitement and sales. The future of Dodge looks very sad and boring.

OP
Illegal_Demon

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #18
In my opinion Dodge is very close to treading into the meh, who cares anymore category. The Hellcats were bad ass, and the right car for the time to generate excitement and sales. The future of Dodge looks very sad and boring.
I agree....but...this FE depending on what it is could be the last hurrah of NON BORING, hence the interest right now...We will find out soon enough!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I'm with Speedy. Hope it's a Charger so that I won't want one. Last thing I need is wrestling with want and finances again. Not to mention ADM's. Nope.