Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon dethroned as the fastest production 1/4 mile car!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Dongola
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 F250 Super Duty, 1996 F150
A new king of the quarter mile. 9.4s 100% stock 9.3s on a tire.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Good video, but the Demon was priced at under $100k, these are more than 3x that. It is quick, but it should be.

Demon is still in the nines, so to even be compared next to a +$300,000 supercar is good for a lowly Dodge.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
The size of the demon and hellcat cars is what impresses me. Demon held the record and was still more of a family car compared to most.
Though I will be honest if I could afford one i'm sure i'd get one of these things.
I will say it is always exciting to see something dethroned. Time to see what Dodge has up their sleeve to counter. Just think it took the Bronco to finally get the 6.4 hemi in the Jeeps.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

I will give props to this guy for using the car. So many of those are just museum pieces essentially. Seeing it doing burn outs and donuts is great.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Problem is Dodge made the Demon a 10.0 car.
No cage or any safety gear required other than a helmet to go and race.

It is the fastest the NHRA allowed a stock car to be when they revised rules about roll bars.

Dodge made a car that you buy and can take the drag strip and have fun. The record and banned bullshit was just marketing because the NHRA was not changing their roll cage requirement.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye

The Demon is the fastest quarter mile production muscle car. It is not a SUPERCAR.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
The Demon used to hold this title, it doesn't anymore.
So now the Demon still holds A title, just not this one.

Congrats McLaren - you build badass cars. I've been a huge fan since the F1.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
How many of those have been/will be made?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
They plan on 765 cars. Something to consider though, in 2018 (year of the Demon) they made 4,806 720Ss. Maybe they'll have a variant of the 765LT for the masses that runs a tenth slower...

Before people get bent on the numbers... the 765LT represents 10% of the production from McLaren.
What's 3300 Demons represent for Dodge in 2018? 1%?

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Built in Canada 2018 Demon #3135
How many of those have been/will be made?
For me it is who cares.:devilish:
Never been a Sports or Super car guy.(n)
Muscle cars are where it's at.(y)

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
Good video, but the Demon was priced at under $100k, these are more than 3x that. It is quick, but it should be.

Demon is still in the nines, so to even be compared next to a +$300,000 supercar is good for a lowly Dodge.
1/4 is nothing but how much $ you are willing to spend. That's why I have zero interest in it. There is no bracket racing for the amount of $ you spent. You want to be the fastest in the quarter? Buy a Top Fuel Dragster. You are King.

For the life of me I have no clue why anyone is interested in the 1/4 mile these days? All I ever hear is excuses why one car is faster/slower than the other...followed by a justification for the reasoning.

Back in the day you pulled up to a traffic light, and went for it with what you had. Whether heading to work, Driving to the grocery store...it was heads up racing. End of story.

Now it's all about prep this, prep that, what fuel, what tires, this that...No fair you spent twice as much...you were on slicks...my lane wasn't prep'd correctly...blah blah...and blah.

Sorry I'll never understand 1/4 mile these days...Hell 90% of these things are press this button, hold that button...Slam right foot to the floor and hold it in a straight line. *Yawn*

But to each their own. :sleep:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
1/4 is nothing but how much $ you are willing to spend. That's why I have zero interest in it. There is no bracket racing for the amount of $ you spent. You want to be the fastest in the quarter? Buy a Top Fuel Dragster. You are King.

For the life of me I have no clue why anyone is interested in the 1/4 mile these days? All I ever hear is excuses why one car is faster/slower than the other...followed by a justification for the reasoning.

Back in the day you pulled up to a traffic light, and went for it with what you had. Whether heading to work, Driving to the grocery store...it was heads up racing. End of story.

Now it's all about prep this, prep that, what fuel, what tires, this that...No fair you spent twice as much...you were on slicks...my lane wasn't prep'd correctly...blah blah...and blah.

Sorry I'll never understand 1/4 mile these days...Hell 90% of these things are press this button, hold that button...Slam right foot to the floor and hold it in a straight line. *Yawn*

I think it is the pursuit of personal improvement and acheiving goals. Why lift if we're not going to be Mr. Universe or whatever right?

OP
Classic Lover
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dongola
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 F250 Super Duty, 1996 F150
Thread Starter #13
Like many in this world I love the demon and it’s amazing what dodge was able to do with it. It’s the only 9 sec stock car under $100,000 I doubt we will see any other 9 sec cars at that price. That being said nothing like this lasts forever and it was just a matter of time before a quicker car came along.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

May be the cars are a lot faster then back in the day. Hooking some of these beast is way harder because of the power levels. Just think, a TRX pickup would smoke anything from the '60-'70 that wasn't some kind of special race model (68 Hemi Cuda for example)
Us the drag racers it is an adrenaline rush. Being pinned in your sit running 9's 150mph is pretty awesome. Even a 10 and 11 second car is fun:p

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Not going to lie. If I had CC money I would buy one. I would still drive my TAXI every day because I'm sure this car would be like my mustang and just not be as comfortable to drive all the time as my TAXI:)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
If I win the lottery this week, I’ll pass on the 765, but would do one of those new Ferrari Superfast models. It is a lot more heavy than the 765, but I like big heavy stuff.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Meh.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Hmmmm $300,000.00 Sports car or a Demon for $100,000.00, put a $100,000.00 into it and go into the low 8's and have fun doing it, $100,000.00 left to enjoy your life with.

Hmmmm, let me think.:unsure:

Welllllll, the DEMON WINS!!!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
If I win the lottery this week, I’ll pass on the 765, but would do one of those new Ferrari Superfast models. It is a lot more heavy than the 765, but I like big heavy stuff.
The new 812 is maybe the best looking Ferrari/car ever IMO.

I really like McLarens though, a friend has one and it is so impressive. I think they may be the best overall exotic cars ever. And the 765 LT weighs 3030 pounds, my regular body Redeye with none of the heavy options weighs 4460, what an advantage.

DemonSRT

500 Posts Club
Donating Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kawartha Lakes
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle

Some of us go to the track to compete in 1/4 bracket racing which is more difficult then just pressing on the gas and going, as what you call heads up on the street. That's fun too if you get away with it and don't hurt or kill yourself or someone else.

With bracket racing you do some time trials in the start of the day to see what your car will do on that day, set your dial in time on your windows and once the actual competition starts then you line up with another vehicle in the other lane that could be dialed in at 10.5 sec's, while you dialed in at 9.5.

He would then get the green light 1 sec ahead of your green light.

Bracket racing is handicapped racing. First you don't want to leave too soon and get a red light as then you lose, and you don't want to sleep at the light either.

The goal is to be as consistent with your dial in time as you can. You both should get to the end of the track at the same moment, theoretically, but not go faster then what you dialed in at or you lose. You need to be as close to or dead nuts on your time without going quicker or you lose and hope that the other fellow is farther from his time then you are or he wins, unless he has gone faster or red lights of course.

Be aware though, that as the weather changes your car could go faster or slower, so you need to feel that and adjust by either hitting the brakes near the end of the 1/4 mile if you think your going too fast or by adjusting your dial in time that is marked onto your car windows so that the tower knows what your going for.

This is what I used to do from 1971 to 1983.

Hope I got this written well enough to understand. lol

Or you can just go to see what you can get your car to do for the fun of it in a much safer environment then the street. Practice at the track can achieve quicker times, learning your car, maybe modding it even to get quicker times. Just having fun feeling the acceleration from a standing start and that feel of the hard launch is addictive.

That's what I do these days and I love it.:)