Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Cutting 1.1x 60's

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Originally posted to show a race versus someone I thought I raced but turned out to be someone else, one of my clients actually from California in his Demon. So I'm changing the purpose of this thread to show some vids of me cutting 1.1x 60's and maybe share some info on how I do it.

So here, I'm testing a small shot of nitrous, 150 shot with the 3.8L Whipple getting data so that I don't do a crazy wheelie later when I decide to turn it up.

Having a lot of power to work with helps, at least it helps me a lot. Tire, suspension, and radial track prep are the other critical pieces that you must have.

I use MT ET Street Pro 315's for my tire, BMR suspension rear arms, their solid bushings, and Menscer coilovers through Reed Motorsports.

If you pick BMR, their single off car adjustable arms are stronger than their on car adjustable variants and ever since I switched, I haven't had any issues.

The other brand for rear suspension parts, AAD, is good too and very popular but they weren't around much when I got started and what I have works for me so I never had a good reason to make a change.

More vids to come, of 1.18, 1.17, and 1.16 60's will be posted later.

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I think @Hatermkr had a bigger wheelie but think you got him on the top end lol

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Z - I watched your car a few times in Houston. The first 3-4-5 feet your car covers is amazing. It's crazy smooth. No jerking, yanking, shaking. No effort to do some giant wheelie. Very impressive.

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
Z - I watched your car a few times in Houston. The first 3-4-5 feet your car covers is amazing. It's crazy smooth. No jerking, yanking, shaking. No effort to do some giant wheelie. Very impressive.
Yea it doesn’t take much to go into a massive wheelie with how my car is setup.

There was a viral tik tok of me doing this not too long ago. This was a blower only pass attempt.

https://www.tiktok.com/@basty436yt/video/7176814596869639450

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
@Hatermkr At the time, I had no idea that was you in the other lane.

Who "won"?

That was not me lol

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
Oh, haha…. Well darn.

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
I updated my original post, will see if it catches any attention.

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
And here's a vid and slip of a 1.173 60', this was on a smaller 125 shot. Although I had less power, how you manage that power is also key. With some tweaks to the tune and how the nitrous ramps in, I was able to improve my 60' from earlier while going into a small power wheelie in the process. At this point it's a delicate balance, if I'm not careful and get over zealous, the car will absolutely stand up on it's back bumper.

IMG_8609.PNG

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
1.1 60’?! That’s insane!! I have to get out of the 1.5s… thinking I have to swap out my 3.70 for a 3.09 soon and waiting for better weather. Putting in the work Z! That’s amazing

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
And here's a vid and slip of a 1.173 60', this was on a smaller 125 shot. Although I had less power, how you manage that power is also key. With some tweaks to the tune and how the nitrous ramps in, I was able to improve my 60' from earlier while going into a small power wheelie in the process. At this point it's a delicate balance, if I'm not careful and get over zealous, the car will absolutely stand up on it's back bumper.

View attachment 104364

I see shocks helping this. Not doing this on factory stuff

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
ave to get out of the 1.5s… thinking I have to swap out my 3.70 for a 3.09 soon and waiting for better weather. Putting in the work Z! That’s amazing
I think a 3.09 would be a better fit. Interestingly, if you were to launch in 2nd gear, it would almost be like launching in 1st gear with a 2.62. Specifically it would be as if you were launching in 1st gear with a 2.47. You probably don't have enough power to make that low of a ratio work in your favor though, probably not even worth trying.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I just want consistent 1.3x, the issue is I keep breaking drivetrain. Here is my suspension setup.

Full AAD setup, I mean everything.
BMR Cradle Lockout
BMR Diff Lockout
HHP Springs
Sport selected in the Uconnect
Diablo Suspension Controller
Leave off idle.
315/60r15 ET Street Radial Pro
P4D Dirs

I know prep is very track dependent so I will try and not add that to the equation. But MIR and Cecil are some of the quickest on the east coast. Capitol... well they are slowly regaining their land of hook status, last week the track was tight, ask me how I know...

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
I just want consistent 1.3x, the issue is I keep breaking drivetrain. Here is my suspension setup.

Full AAD setup, I mean everything.
BMR Cradle Lockout
BMR Diff Lockout
HHP Springs
Sport selected in the Uconnect
Diablo Suspension Controller
Leave off idle.
315/60r15 ET Street Radial Pro
P4D Dirs

I know prep is very track dependent so I will try and not add that to the equation. But MIR and Cecil are some of the quickest on the east coast. Capitol... well they are slowly regaining their land of hook status, last week the track was tight, ask me how I know...
I'm having trouble remembering, do you have an aftermarket converter? That plays a part too. I find that chasing the hit (as in trying to put more power into the hit as the track will take) can be extremely hard on your drivetrain. Also, wheel hop or sudden torque changes can weaken or break parts. Here's an example of a sudden torque change. You launch, it hooks for a moment but then spins so you pedal and immediately get back on it. Doing this sequence has lead to one immediate break for me last year and possibly contributed to breaks within the next 1-3 passes. An input shaft (trans), a planetary gear set (trans), and a driveshaft last year.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think a 3.09 would be a better fit. Interestingly, if you were to launch in 2nd gear, it would almost be like launching in 1st gear with a 2.62. Specifically it would be as if you were launching in 1st gear with a 2.47. You probably don't have enough power to make that low of a ratio work in your favor though, probably not even worth trying.
Hmm, that is interesting. Yeah, definitely not making enough power

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #15
@fumanchu182 I don't have diff lockouts, always thought that too much stiffness there would put more stress on the diff's case versus allowing the bushings to absorb some of that energy.

Last edited:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
@fumanchu182 I don't have diff lockouts, always thought that too much stiffness there would put more load on the diff's case versus allowing the bushings to absorb some of that energy.
3000 stall from pure

I have never left at 3k willingly, I'm thinking of using the launch control or installing a two step to limit it to 2k

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
3000 stall from pure

I have never left at 3k willingly, I'm thinking of using the launch control or installing a two step to limit it to 2k
Personally, if I went that route, I’d use the stage6 so that traction control isn’t turned back on

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
That's a great looking run. Quick and fast cars generally aren't wasting motion/energy on wheelies. They hook and go. Like yours does

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #19
I see shocks helping this. Not doing this on factory stuff
The Menscer coilovers helped a ton, front and rear. However if you get coilovers for the rear, the wheel has to be spaced out quite a bit to not rub.

OP
Z

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #20
3000 stall from pure

What does your converter flash to after you go WOT?