Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Considering hellcat durango

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Search function here not up to snuff. Those who have bought or ordered, what was your experience? Power dollars apply to the HCD? Lease or buy?

I've seen 2 different towing stats from official sources, 6200 and 8900. Is one w tow package and one without? What is the deal.

Dealers willing to cut deals and ship vehicles?

I may sell the charger HC and my 4x4 expedition el and get the best of both worlds w the HCD. My wife actually brought it up.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Search function here not up to snuff. Those who have bought or ordered, what was your experience? Power dollars apply to the HCD? Lease or buy?

I've seen 2 different towing stats from official sources, 6200 and 8900. Is one w tow package and one without? What is the deal.

I may sell the charger HC and my 4x4 expedition el and get the best of both worlds w the HCD. My wife actually brought it up.
Hellcat durango is limited production run, to the best of my knowledge they won't run power dollars for it, in fact most dealers will ask over msrp.

Msrp would be the best deal imo, doubt anybody gives invoice on a limited production run unless you have extensive history like buying 2-3 new cars a year from X dealer.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
I thought there was consideration that it was going to go into regular production, not just a one off? Have you seen Dodge say it's a special order one off lately? Damn, I hope not.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
They said from the beginning that it's a 1 year only deal. Haven't seen any indication that would change. Not limited in number, but only the single year because of 2022 emission standard changes.

"Sadly, the Durango SRT Hellcat will only be available for the 2021 model year, after which Dodge says it will no longer meet the emissions requirements for its segment. That's not necessarily a reason to fret over, though; Dodge says it will make as many Durango Hellcats as needed to meet customer demand."

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33032306/2021-dodge-durango-srt-hellcat-revealed/

Last edited:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I thought there was consideration that it was going to go into regular production, not just a one off? Have you seen Dodge say it's a special order one off lately? Damn, I hope not.
What @Piening2150 said

Just try and find one from a dealer that does msrp or maybe slightly below.

Worst case scenario you don't find one.

Best case scenario you get one for a good deal.

I would be willing to bet $100 that the durango hellcat will hold value better than any other hellcat variant outside of the demon.

One production run on a high demand high performance motor on a high demand type of vehicle (suv) should be worthwhile imo, especially if the misses has ok'd it already

Plus awd is so necessary for the hellcat on street application.

Guarantee you would see 0-60 times under 3 seconds on the street if charger/challenger had awd.

A big ass suv like the durango or jeep gc doing 0-60 in 3.5 is crazy. That was supercar territory 10 years ago.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #6
What @Piening2150 said

I would be willing to bet $100 that the durango hellcat will hold value better than any other hellcat variant outside of the demon.

This.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Trackhawk

I currently have a 2019 Trackhawk, and I traded in my 2017 Corvette Z06 and my 2019 F250 for the exact same reason . . . while the Trackhawk doesn't have the exact capabilities of either, it's a good combination that is close enough for me and it's a LOT more practical than either of the vehicles I traded in.

The Dodge website and several articles around the Internet state that the tow rating of this vehicle is 8700lbs . . . this (1500lbs more than the Trackhawk), and the fact that it will be a limited production vehicle, plus the fact that I like the styling better than the Trackhawk, compelled me to order one . . . my Trackhawk has about 6100 miles on it, and I'll be trading it in when the Durango arrives . . .

There are a few "gotchas", though:

* If you want the Red Leather, you can't order the Lightweight Package, which eliminates the third row seating, but if this is anything like the Trackhawk, you get a full-sized spare under a cover back there when you get the Lightweight package
* The only other interior option is the black suede "Alcantara" crap, which comes standard--I'm having that replaced with real leather (black or charcoal) before I take delivery on mine.
* The "Premium Interior" is almost $2500 for some carbon inserts and more "Alcantara" (suede), this time for the entire headliner. Most people don't see this as an economical addition, I know I sure don't, and didn't order it.
* If you order the rear entertainment, the DVD/Blu-Ray player takes up half of the center console space, which isn't much to begin with.
* Many dealers are adding a markup to MSRP, so you may have to shop around to find a deal . . . I normally pay Invoice or less, due to my employer and previous employer, but I don't think they're going to give that pricing to me on this . . . some folks have posted that they were able to swing a deal for less than MSRP, but I suspect those deals are few and far between, and as been mentioned, there are no "Power Dollars" available for this vehicle.
* I ordered my Durango SRT Hellcat on November 7th, the day after they opened the order banks, and as of today, 1-4-21, it's still in the "scheduling" stage, because they haven't yet started building them, and word is that it will be another couple of weeks before they start . . . some folks have said that it would be near the end of Q1 before any are available . . . I certainly hope that isn't the case . . .

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
I can vouch for the Durango SRT holding value. I paid $59.9k for my NEW 2020 almost a year ago. My FCA dealer in Reno offered me $55k as an "oh by the way"...😂

I was just there for an oil change.

DSRT HellCat will be even more limited especially if they stick to the "1 and done" plan for just 2021. But remember, it's not so much what FCA has said, but what PSA is gonna say.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
I currently have a 2019 Trackhawk, and I traded in my 2017 Corvette Z06 and my 2019 F250 for the exact same reason . . . while the Trackhawk doesn't have the exact capabilities of either, it's a good combination that is close enough for me and it's a LOT more practical than either of the vehicles I traded in.

The Dodge website and several articles around the Internet state that the tow rating of this vehicle is 8700lbs . . . this (1500lbs more than the Trackhawk), and the fact that it will be a limited production vehicle, plus the fact that I like the styling better than the Trackhawk, compelled me to order one . . . my Trackhawk has about 6100 miles on it, and I'll be trading it in when the Durango arrives . . .

There are a few "gotchas", though:

* Many dealers are adding a markup to MSRP, so you may have to shop around to find a deal . . . I normally pay Invoice or less, due to my employer and previous employer, but I don't think they're going to give that pricing to me on this . . . some folks have posted that they were able to swing a deal for less than MSRP, but I suspect those deals are few and far between, and as been mentioned, there are no "Power Dollars" available for this vehicle.
What did you end up paying (if you don't mind saying)? The info above seems to imply you do not have a final price yet?

On the gotchas you mentioned, I was not aware of the "no 3rd row delete" with the red leather, but that doesn't bother me - I have to have the third for people hauling duty.

Thanks very much for all the information.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #10
Oh, and I agree, $2500 for a headliner a few psuedo-carbon fibre accents is ludicrous. that was not on my build.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #11
When does 2021 ordering close?

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
When does 2021 ordering close?
When you finally get off your ass and decide to buy one😁

Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Trackhawk
What did you end up paying (if you don't mind saying)? The info above seems to imply you do not have a final price yet?

On the gotchas you mentioned, I was not aware of the "no 3rd row delete" with the red leather, but that doesn't bother me - I have to have the third for people hauling duty.

Thanks very much for all the information.
Actually, you can get the third-row seat with either the Suede or the Red Leather, but you can't get the Lightweight Package that eliminates the 3rd row seats with Leather . . . that's only available with the Suede.

MSRP on my order was $89,460, and I am hoping that they will honor the discounts they have given me for the last two vehicles I bought from them (The Trackhawk and the Z06), but I don't know if they will, due to the fact that this is a limited edition . . .

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
Interesting. When will they let you know?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
You're thinking Super Stock.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #16
Roger that

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I was led to believe that the Carbon-Fiber were real pieces.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
I was led to believe that the Carbon-Fiber were real pieces.
Yep. 'Forged' carbon fiber

"Finally, in addition to the copious amounts of leather and suede, the 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat features a new “forged carbon fiber” trim on the dashboard, door panels and shift console.

Unlike traditional carbon fiber trim, which has a very neat, woven look to the fibers, forged carbon fiber has larger pieces that appear to be pressed together, creating a completely different look."

https://www.torquenews.com/106/2021-dodge-durango-srt-hellcat-detailed-look-new-cockpit

Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Trackhawk
Interesting. When will they let you know?
I guess when the vehicle arrives, and I provide them with the document showing that I get 1% below invoice . . . at that point, they will either let me have it at that price, or we will haggle . . . I won't, however, be paying above MSRP for it . . .

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Yep. 'Forged' carbon fiber

"Finally, in addition to the copious amounts of leather and suede, the 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat features a new “forged carbon fiber” trim on the dashboard, door panels and shift console.

Unlike traditional carbon fiber trim, which has a very neat, woven look to the fibers, forged carbon fiber has larger pieces that appear to be pressed together, creating a completely different look."

https://www.torquenews.com/106/2021-dodge-durango-srt-hellcat-detailed-look-new-cockpit
Def not like the real CF in my 2020 RE. Mine looks “normal”. The Durango looks like particle board fiber. Not a fan.