Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bradenton and Freedom Factory May Be Forced To Close.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
That board doesn't give two shits about a race track. They want money and that development will bring a lot.

Best bet for these track owners not looking to cash in and sell out is to have their tracks placed on a national historic registry. We have places like that around me and they are basically able to give the finger to the local government and anyone else that wants to mess with their land. An entire hwy had to be re-routed around one close by. It was hilarious.

Last edited:
OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
That board doesn't give two shits about a race track. They want money and that development will bring a lot.

Best best for these track owners not looking to cash in and sell out is to have their tracks placed on a national historic registry. We have places like that around me and they are basically able to give the finger to the local government and anyone else that wants to mess with their land. An entire hwy had to be re-routed around one close by. It was hilarious.
It's weird because when we were there last weekend, I saw all of the development getting closer and wondered how long they could hold out.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
My cousins dad was the township supervisor for many years. Well one day an angry citizen called his house phone. Someone answered. Told them terry wasn’t available right now. What’s the reason for your? They said the race track is too loud and wanted to complain about it. They said ok. We will be sure to give him your message after he’s done racing up there this weekend. 🤣

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Look at what's happened to Laguna Seca out in Monterey! Used to host some of the best racing around (MotoGP Anyone?) till the rich idiots moved in and started complaining about the noise. These track owners need to be smarter if they are wanting to stick around.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
Look at what's happened to Laguna Seca out in Monterey! Used to hose some of the best racing around till the rich idiots moved in and started complaining about the noise. These track owners need to be smarter if they are wanting to stick around.
They have both just invested millions in to both places. Bradenton just completed an all concrete track surface.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

Best best for these track owners not looking to cash in and sell out is to have their tracks placed on a national historic registry. We have places like that around me and they are basically able to give the finger to the local government and anyone else that wants to mess with their land. An entire hwy had to be re-routed around one close by. It was hilarious.
And it is not a gimmick. It is part of.our heritage as a nation.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #8

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Cleeter only put it on his cleeter 2 channel, he should have put it on his cleeter 1 channel.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
I think unfortunately the track will lose in the end. The money to be made by the developers and the taxes to be collected by the local government will overpower the track. David and Goliath without the stone and sling.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
I think unfortunately the track will lose in the end. The money to be made by the developers and the taxes to be collected by the local government will overpower the track. David and Goliath without the stone and sling.
It's 2 tracks. Bradenton and Freedom Factory.

If people will send emails to the people at the end of the article.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I understand it’s two tracks. However, it all comes down to money. Only a small racing community like us care whether the tracks remain or not. Reality.
i have sent emails hoping there is a compromise to be reached that will enable them to remain open and viable. Financial greed is a powerful entity though.
Here’s hoping for an equitable solution.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
I understand it’s two tracks. However, it all comes down to money. Only a small racing community like us care whether the tracks remain or not. Reality.
i have sent emails hoping there is a compromise to be reached that will enable them to remain open and viable. Financial greed is a powerful entity though.
Here’s hoping for an equitable solution.
It's only a matter of time before they're run out of there. I saw it last weekend when we were there.
It's a damn shame that drag racing is being shutdown all over the country when it's as popular as it is.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sadly you are spot on. We are a tiny minority in this country. Our racing facilities nationwide are being closed and the land repurposed for one reason or another.
Understand that we are the wrong type of minority. Only the socially corrupt minorities are being heard and catered to.
Enjoy the finite time we have left before our type of racing and ICE vehicles go quietly into the night. Sort of like standing in front of a glacier and trying to stop it’s march to the sea.
In my 79 years I have seen the very best of this country up till the late 60s. What is happening now is a travesty. Enjoy life while you can. Yield to no one. And drive your ass off.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #15
Sadly you are spot on. We are a tiny minority in this country. Our racing facilities nationwide are being closed and the land repurposed for one reason or another.
Understand that we are the wrong type of minority. Only the socially corrupt minorities are being heard and catered to.
Enjoy the finite time we have left before our type of racing and ICE vehicles go quietly into the night. Sort of like standing in front of a glacier and trying to stop it’s march to the sea.
In my 79 years I have seen the very best of this country up till the late 60s. What is happening now is a travesty. Enjoy life while you can. Yield to no one. And drive your ass off.
It wouldn't be so bad but to get approval for a new racetrack is virtually impossible.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
In the end, unless a legal haven like historical status is utilized, money will always win. And tracks use a huge amount of land and generate next to diddle squat in revenues.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #17

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #18

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I used to fly turbine RC jets and helicopters. All our flying fields were shut down due to noise, one by a f n low life trailer park trash. So I got back into cars, and the same shit is happening with it now too :(

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #20
I used to fly turbine RC jets and helicopters. All our flying fields were shut down due to noise, one by a f n low life trailer park trash. So I got back into cars, and the same shit is happening with it now too :(
The local politicians all stated on the record that they would protect the tracks. Put something in place for that.
I'll believe it when I see it.