Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

A 9.8 pass at 5000 feet that was really a 9.4 pass!

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Well I lifted the wheels twice. Once when I got off of it as I got a little scared and then I got back on it and lifted the wheels again. But then I went into limp mode at 1100 feet and finished at 9.8 at 125 mph. My run is 12.05 minutes in. I kept going into limp mode all night long on the big end except for my first run in which I blew off the tires and shuddered the axles for a good 16th of a mile. That one I got off of it and got back on it and did 10.5 at about 143. That is at the beginning of the video. When I look at that one I cringe! Now I have more problems! When I gun her she will shut down on the down shift. I am replacing the ecm. We will see.

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Dang man, your car is powerful! Looks like they had you in the video quite a few times, 6:47 is when I saw your run? Is your car doing a hit/bog/go off the line? So you are at 3000 elevation and the DA was 5000?

There is a really fun racing event here in ABQ called the All Out Call Out, you should come over and race! The June event is sold out but there's another one in the fall. There is a 10.2 class you would be pretty good for, after that it's unlimited and they are so fast, but being a little slower here and leaving some margin for error, you would have a pretty good car for the class!

Last edited:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat

Little known trick, if you want to share a youtube video at a certain time add "t=xxx" where xxx is the time in seconds. Great pass btw!

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Ok, I’ll be the guy to ask how it was really a 9.4?

I’m assuming you mean if it didn’t have issues it would have been and not that the timing equipment was off and your vbox/dragy was correct ?

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #5
Correct. I let off at the beginning completely after she got a little air. Then I got back on it again. Then the car will do 144 in the quarter. But she went into limp mode at 1100 feet and I coasted the last 200 feet with no power to get a 9.8 at 125.