Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Speedy I changed my oil Saturday @ 730 miles collected the oil measured and poured back into containers, yes mine was 8 quarts and dip stick from factory suggested 8 quarts by the level above markings on stick. I picked up oil and filter at Dodge dealer parts, specifically asked how many quarts does dodge call out and was told 7. After oil change I cut the filter open with large pipe cutter and shears leaving no metal to fall into filter, inspected with no visible nasties. Sent out oil sample to black stone yesterday & will post up when results come back. Also agree no hard hits unless it’s E85 in tank that I am now running. What pressure are you running on the MT’s in the back.
Are the 170s shipping with the MO-899 filter? Just wondering.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #982
@Demoniccat put 8qts in there. I'll be cutting my filter too.

@Unholy707 paranoia

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
I'm getting ready for my first oil change and decided to try and get to the bottom of the oil capacity of the 170. Why did it come with an additional quart from the factory making it appear over filled according to the dip stick?

I reached out to my contacts and told them what I was seeing on the dip stick and sent some pictures that included the P/N. Some checking/confirming was done and low and behold the 170 is 8 quarts. Dealerships are being updated and owner manual inserts will be sent out with this updated info. Sounds like new dip sticks will have to be sent out as well. Engineering samples may have 8qt dipsticks already.

Glad I asked.
Speedy, I am very interested in the dipstick info: can you recontact them and verify if this applies to any other models as well (Redeyes???). My 2022 was overfilled by a quart. When I replaced everything to the factory fill spec, it was at the proper fill line on the dipstick and not a quart above, as it was delivered new. Is this another case of right oil level, wrong dipstick? (Reminds me of the Gen1 Vipers where this exact thing happened 30 years ago when the fill spec was 11 quarts but the assembly line dipsticks were showing as being overfilled at only 10 quarts. They had to issue a TSB and new dipsticks with the correct line with 11 quarts as full.)

Last edited:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Is the D170 oil pan the same? Could explain an extra quart.